EXPERTISE: Europe political development; development finance; climate change; renewable energy
- Volt Europa, pan-European political party: Founding member of Volt Germany in 2018. Contributed to new policies (policy process, background paper on Future of Work and Artificial Intelligence), promoted learning (initiated Volt Academy’s policy learning programs), and served as a member of the European Board (2019 – 2021).
- International Development: 25 years of experience in sustainable development finance, of which 20 years with the World Bank, including as founder and manager of the climate change practice at the World Bank Institute.
- Climate Finance and Cities: Developed V-NAMA concept for vertically integrated NAMA to engage sub-national actors into national climate strategies, jointly with teams from the Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and Deutsche Institute for Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Renewable Energy: Co-founder of WEnergy, a Singapore based start-up company to develop off-grid, mini-grid, and hybrid renewable energy solutions in South East Asia. Authored study “Mobilizing the Private Sector for Scaling Up Renewable Energy” for the Climate Change Financial Markets and Innovation (CFI) Program of the Sustainable Business Institute, Germany, 2012.
- Crowdfunding for Climate Change: Independent expert. Published a paper on ‘Crowdfunding for Climate Change – A new source of finance for climate action at the local level?’ in 2013, and wrote study on ‘Crowdfunding for Energy Efficiency’ for GIZ.